Meknes and Volubilis Day Trip 1 Day
Popular day trips from Fez includes Morocco's third Imperial city -- Meknes and the Roman ruins at Volubilis.Visit also Moulay Idriss Zerhoun the most important pilgrimage town in Morocco.
Top Places to Visit in this excursion :
- Meknes : (Arabic: مكناس, Berber: Mknas or Ameknas, French: Meknès, Spanish: Mequinez) is a city in northern Morocco. It is served by the A2 expressway between those two cities and by the corresponding railway. Meknes was the capital of Morocco under the reign of Moulay Ismail (1672–1727),
- Volubilis : (Arabic: وليلي) is a partly excavated Roman city in Morocco situated near Meknes between Fes and Rabat. Built in a fertile agricultural area, it was developed from the 3rd century BC onwards as a Phoenician/Carthaginian settlement. It grew rapidly under Roman rule from the 1st century AD onwards and expanded to cover about 40 hectares (100 acres) with a 2.6 km (1.6 mi) circuit of walls. The city gained a number of major public buildings in the 2nd century, including a basilica, temple and triumphal arch. Its prosperity, which was derived principally from olive growing, prompted the construction of many fine town-houses with large mosaic floors.
- Moulay Idriss Zerhoun : Moulay Idriss or Moulay Idriss Zerhoun (Arabic: مولاي إدريس), a town in northern Morocco located at 34°3′15″N 5°31′38″WCoordinates: 34°3′15″N 5°31′38″W, is spread over two hills at the base of Mount Zerhoun, the holy town of Moulay Idriss Zerhoune holds a special place in the hearts of the Moroccan people. It was here that Moulay Idriss I arrived in 789, bringing with him the religion of Islam, and starting a new dynasty. In addition to founding the town named after him, he also initiated construction of Fez, continued later by his son, Moulay Idriss II.
- Departure times : 09:30
- Departs from : Fez ( Your driver will meet you at your riad/hotel ).
- Driver speak : Arabic, French, English, Spanish, Italian,German.
- Departs daily : Yes, daily departures guaranteed.
- Starts & ends in : Fez ( Your hotel if you want).
- Price Includes : Private Vehicle and Driver speak good English.